<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Natalie, Cat, Madonna, and other Characters
Rock posts on one misadventure in the Catholic world, a priest making a clumsy bomb threat to derail Madonna's appearance on the cross. The cleric called from his home phone and reportedly was arrested almost immediately. Rock chips in:
Well done; just the way to divert attention and keep the Material Girl out of the headlines.... It's comforting, however, to learn that the lack of Catholic strategy-savvy isn't limited to the US.
"Strategy-savvy" like losing a chess game in two moves. Apparently the former Cat Stevens is making a pop album, too. Along with John Denver, he was one artist who seemed to always have the favor of the women I dated back in college. I played his songs with my friends, but I didn't like it too much. I really liked the "Peace Train" cover by 10000 Maniacs from In My Tribe. The band pulled the tune from the album in 1989 because of this. Natalie Merchant? There's an artist worth following. I was playing Tigerlily in the car the other week, and my daughter immediately noticed. The next day, she asked for more "Tigerlily songs" and as of last week, my cd has disappeared into her room to get airplay there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next