<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 24, 2006

One Book
One book that changed my life: Logical Chess Move By Move by Irving Chernev. It was this book plus one other whose title I can't recall that finally unlocked the secrets of the game for me when I was fifteen. I played tournament chess regularly for about ten years after that.

One book that I've read more than once: The Lord of the Rings was the first book or series I read more than once

One book I'd want on a desert island: the most voluminous almanac in print

One book that made me laugh: This is tough; I don't read much comedy, but I did laugh out loud through most of the Yule Ball chapter in Goblet of Fire.

One book that made me cry: Random Harvest by James Hilton

One book I wish had been written: my first science fiction novel

One book I wish hadn't been written: Another toughie. Everybody's entitled to an opinion, but maybe I'd say Thomas Day's book Why Catholics Can't Sing.

One book I've been meaning to read: Don Quixote by Cervantes, and for about seven years now.

I'm thinking this could be adapted for "song" instead of "book." Might need some tweaking, so give me a few hours to ponder it.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next