<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 14, 2006

What Is It Good For? Absolutely Nothing.
I don't really have the time, or especially, the energy to blog much about Middle East developments. I'll repeat the reality of the slippery slope from legitimate defense to retaliation against unjust or unfair attack to pre-emptive strike to save one's own people to all-out carnage. Stage four, I'd guess now, wouldn't you? Human beings seem wholly incapable of violence with nearly any kind of moral justification. To suggest that we can engage in a just struggle for any length of time seems to me to be narcissistic self-justification at best. And at worst? Just War theorists may be responsible for leading people morally astray, and accessories a few times removed to organized murder. So I think I'm off to stew about the news and attempt to cool off. More blogging tomorrow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next