<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 24, 2006

Summer Listening
Aside from some great music sites on the net, I'm listening to more of my cd's this summer. I used to buy fairly frequently, and many of them have since languished on my shelves. Last night, I had Rautavaara in the cd player. I really like his most famous work, Cantus Arcticus. So did Count. His ears and eyes perked up at the sounds of northern European birds. Silly cat. The disc over on the left is reviewed here. Early music is high on the list, and I've enjoyed a classic recording of Tallis which includes the massive Spem in Alium. A Josquin Desrez disc of motets (which had also been on the neglected shelf) has been getting a lot of play this past week, too. Any good listening for you?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next