<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 19, 2006

Travelogue 3
Saturday was the longest leg of the trip to upstate NY. We lunched with Sandi's son Scott and his wife Char in Cleveland, who are expecting their first child in a few months. My cousin Scott is famous for appearing in a national tabloid magazine for shipping himself in a crate to a friend's house when he was in college. I have the clipping somewhere in my files at home. We got to my brother's house tired and a bit testy. 1243.8 miles might be more togetherness than some people could stand. After Sunday Mass, brunch with my sister-in-law's family, a visit with my mom, we went sailing. Such as it was. Lake Ontario was completely becalmed. Motored out about a mile from the harbor at Pultneyville. Swam a bit. My nephew Adym cleaned the hull of algae for his dad's Father's Day present. Cooked out at the yacht club. No exotic animals or great works of art, but the most relaxing and enjoyable day of the vacation so far. Check my brother's site above or on the sidebar for photos of his boat. We're finally catching up on sleep. Speaking of which, my wife has arisen, so it's time to get cracking on getting to Niagara Falls.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next