<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Farewell
I said good-bye to a friend, colleague, and pastor today. Fr John announced to the staff Tuesday afternoon that Bishop Finn had granted him an indefinite leave of absence from the priesthood. We've been assigned a new pastor effective July 1st, and with moving day today, the deal is done and we enter a weird interregnum, so to speak. I know there are a few parishioners watching, so I'll confess up front I don't know any more than what he put in his letter to parishioners, which you'll be getting tomorrow if you haven't seen it already. There is no legal, moral, or other scandal afoot. This is a personal decision, and I know that cards and other well-wishes sent to the address on the letter would be appreciated. I enjoyed my two years of working with a prayerful, wise, and kind priest. He offered challenges, affirmations, support, and a keen pastoral sense to us as a staff and parish.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next