<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Why Was His Homosexuality Part of the Story?

"I'm with the church. I'm just not with hate," said Father Martin Kurylowicz. This guy professed celibacy, but he's still out on his duff. Turns out that his revelation of being homosexual dates back nine years, but his suspension is due to being incommunicado with the bishop. I wonder why his sexual orientation was even brought up in the news report.

Also, I think some would question why he would surface his sexual orientation at all. I can see how other Catholics would benefit from the example, particularly if he reinforces his celibate lifestyle. Otherwise, we have a Church made up of closeted homosexuals, or those who are out of the closet and who confront the issue of sexual activity directly.

It seems a no-brainer to me, but maybe non-straight folks or anti-knowledge people have something else to say. Go for it.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next