<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Armchair Liturgist: Singing the Consecration
The question is lobbed to Father Edward McNamara, Zenit's liturgy Q & A man: I attended Midnight Mass this past Christmas Eve while visiting friends in N. I do believe this is the first time I have experienced the priest singing all the words of consecration that Jesus spoke. He sang beautifully, and reverently, but I wonder if this is proper? I assume the consecration was valid. Before peeking at the reply, how would you answer? Would you, if you were a bishop, permit this, encourage it, or run off to your next voice lesson? PS: Guess the American diocese the question came from. Hint: Not Los Angeles.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next