<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Good Friday Photo Ops

John asked me to post some parish pics from Triduum. I found some junior high choir shots on the parish shared drive, but I'll need to scour around a bit more for Easter Vigil or Sunday pics.

The first-year Sunday junior high choir (a separate entity from the school's concert choir) requested a Triduum assignment. Originally we had talked about Holy Thursday, but settled on Good Friday a few months ago. My friend Shari (a parishioner and former school music teacher) was a dedicated leader. Inspiring, too, as the count of twenty-five girls and three boys for that difficult age group of 11-14 is an impressive achievement.

"My God, my God, why have you abandoned me ..."

... while the pastor and VG look on.

"This is the wood of the Cross ... "

The parish "tradition" is that the RCIA candidates process the Good Friday cross, which is then splayed across the front for four lines of veneration. Thus we avoid the multiplicity of crosses for veneration.

Bonus coverage: the junior high's Passion Play. Jesus was quite a fine singer.

No pastel shoulder capes; just girls with pillow cases safety-pinned to their heads and Roman guards in the latest Nike footwear.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next