<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Total Eclipse
"God is great, this shows the greatness of God," Nana Appah exclaimed as she joined the crowds on Ghana's Cape Coast beach. "This shows the greatness of nature. It is very, very beautiful. I’ve never experienced anything like this before." MSNBC Space tells it. NASA provides a video link for it on that same page. Well worth watching. Plan for future eclipses here. The map doesn't print large enough for the detail, but you get an idea of where to be in the next twenty years to see something spectacular. I still have a bit of regret for not talking my parents into driving us east in 1970, when the totality corridor went up the east coast. I did have fun with the annular eclipse in 1994. I cross-hatched my fingers and projected eight "rings of fire" on the ground for amazed children.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next