<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Rash, Not Diaper
Fr Tucker reports on traditantrums in northern Virginia and the blogdom: I think it's totally disproportionate and exaggerated that out of the mountain of emails I've received on the Diocese's two new permissions, almost all of them have to do with altar girls and many of them are rash. I've read through some of the comment boxes on other blogs and found the same pattern. And the diocesan newspaper is the only print media to give equal attention to the far more interesting announcement of the two new Masses in the Old Rite. That's sad. I would also point out the instructive fact that, although the right wing has been very loud and at times quite savage about the altar-girl permission, I have yet to see or hear a single negative comment from the left wing about the permission for the Old Mass. In fact, the only negative comments I've heard about it have come from conservatives.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next