<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 30, 2006

Reading Along: Thumbs Up or Down?
A Dominican priest weighs in on the missalette controversy. This guy proves yet again that it is impossible to peg people as exclusively liberal or conservative. Twenty years ago, I came down solidly in the anti-missalette crowd. But today, I have a hard time getting excited about it. It's like holding hands during the Lord's Prayer or consecration bells. If I were in a parish that did it, I doubt I'd expend the energy to get rid of it. And if the parish didn't have them, I wouldn't introduce them. People do depend on their sense of sight more than their sense of hearing. And it is true that many priests and lectors make poor use of their voice and/or sound systems. Your thoughts?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next