<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Catholic Schools Week
Our parish-school relations have not always been the best. So some of us are working hard to ensure that Catholic Schools Observance gets off to a good start. I'm grateful for liturgical scheduling on normal weekends, as I left most of the potential slots for kids open to sign-up. I recruited most of the lectors from among students I knew would handle it well. Amazingly, nobody--no one at all--signed up to be a greeter. That's fine; I just didn't schedule any. But it can be something of a headache to flesh out six weekend Masses, especially considering a friend who took it upon herself to recruit lectors and gift people for one Mass. Unbeknownst to her I had already filled those slots. Communication: it works wonders when it works. Any sign of Catholic school students at your parish liturgies this weekend?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next