<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 30, 2006

Catholic Schools
A US/UK/Australia snapshot of Catholic schools at Zenit. While we're on the topic of Catholic Schools, don't forget the thread below asking about your parish experiences of the weekend. Or just use this one. In my experience, the school often takes over the Sunday Mass schedule, and the liturgical experience is, shall we say charitably, a mixed bag. The school-liturgy interface in a large parish can be problematic. I confess I have a pretty decent relationship with the school staff. I go out of my way to include young people, parents, and school folks in the preparation and celebration of both Sunday and school liturgies. They, in turn, don't burden me or the parish with unreasonable or unliturgical things. But turning over the Sunday liturgy to the school is usually not a good idea. It's like if you asked me to fix your car. I'm a good guy. Your car is a nice machine. But it might not be so nice when I'm done with it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next