<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I Thought I'd be More Kerygmatic, but ...

Your model of the church is Sacrament. The church is the effective sign of the revelation that is the person of Jesus Christ. Christians are transformed by Christ and then become a beacon of Christ wherever they go. This model has a remarkable capacity for integrating other models of the church. For the record, my results: Mystical Communion Model 56% Servant Model 56% Sacrament model 56% Herald Model 22% Institutional Model 17% Fred asked me what I thought of this quiz. It's the first internet one I've taken. I landed in a tie for three of Avery Dulles' Five Models of the Church. No real surprise I scored low on institution, though some observers might think I'm turning positively ultramontanist for registering 17%. It also says I'm your guy for integrating liberals and conservatives. Maybe I should've been a diplomat, eh? Quizzes like this are a fun diversion, but I think people are best quantified by their interactions with others, not a set of questions for which there are occasional difficult answers. Fred notes that "the selection and pairing of songs is calculated to amuse and confuse." I agree. If this quiz is not Catholic enough or sensible enough as is, perhaps you have a suggestion or two for improvement. The song choices seem a bit lame, but quizzes like this are meant to sort people quickly and easily to one side or another. What is really telling about the quizzes is not where a person lands in the final judgment, but how close it was to get them there. The longer the quiz, the more accurate it tends to be. Thoughts?

By the way, here's the link: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=49752


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next