<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Dreaming
My sister-in-law called earlier today to say she's been praying for the pope these past few days. Both Anita and I come from non-Catholics families, so the offering was much appreciated. Brittany was asking this morning if we were going to watch the "pope channel." I think CNN's coverage has been non-stop, so that assessment is accurate. I dreamed I was watching people in a stairwell climb to pay their last respects to John Paul II. I noticed Sinead O'Connor and Michael Schiavo. As I looked at other faces carefully, I realized every person climbing the stairs had criticized him in some way. I was thinking to myself, should I go up too? As I decided it would be better to let people who really wanted to see him do so and began descending the steps, I woke up. Just out of curiosity: what are your parishes doing (or what did they do) to pray for the pope, or mention this in the Sunday liturgy?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next