<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

On my lifestyle, deacons, remarriage, that other thread, etc.
People ... first, thank you for jacking up the popularity of my blog. I feel like I've opened a book or gone dyspeptic or something. By all means, feel free to be humorous and wry and post sixty, seventy or even a hundred comments per thread, but please try and make this not like I'm providing a near occasion, if you catch my drift. For the record, my lifestyle is such that I do enjoy intercourse with my wife without much of a chance of progeny--it certainly would have happened by now. I think Leo is not far off target in criticizing the Church's position on sex. I once had a friend who was amazed the Church permitted women to marry after menopause: after all, procreation is out of the medically unassisted picture for them, no? I doubt I will become a deacon, at least in the near future. Over and over, God has confirmed what I'm doing, especially in the times I wanted to get out of it. Were I to outlive my wife, it is not likely I would take a second wife. If I were a deacon, I doubt I would seek a dispensation; my wife's parents are long dead, and Brittany is getting ready to take over the world. (The only thing I would dread as a single dad is doing all that girl stuff, but that's what friends are for, as they say. Cheers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next