<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 29, 2005

On the Car Radio
"Would I Lie To You," Eurythmics; Jim Rome on smoking bans in California; "Rockin' In the Free World," Neil Young. That last one was over my daughter's strong objections on the way home from our late afternoon grocery shopping.
On the Bookshelf
Still slogging my way through Iron Council by Mieville, but the end is in sight. I have about three back issues of Smithsonian waiting to be read, too. Why do I bother to subscribe to magazines that just pile up and make me feel guilty?
On the Computer
Four cd's on Australia: three on wildlife and one "Encyclopedia of Australia." Looking forward to these, but I have a thing about calling something an "encyclopedia" that doesn't have the potential to give one a hernia picking it up whole.
On the Dining Room Table
Brit and I are working a 700-piece puzzle of kittens popping out of cowboy boots. "Kitty Slickers" it's titled, not "Pusses in Boots"
On the Day Off
I worked. In the office at 9 for a meeting. Recruited a seventh grader to burn palms for service hours. Went to the diocesan music commission meeting and met our co-adjutor bishop. He had to leave mid-meeting, and asked us if we had any questions of him, so naturally I blurted out, "Do you like to sing?" Maybe he was expecting something more theological.
My wife would have asked him about his hobbies, like she did when she lunched with Archbishop Hanus of Dubuque a few years back. Turns out he raises asparagus in his vegetable garden and likes to play racquetball.
Turns out our new bishop likes to sing in the shower, and he does have a nice singing voice. I sat next to him when we prayed daytime prayer after lunch.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next