<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 10, 2005

Keep on rockin' in the free world
Karl and Neil provide two important essays today. On the other hand, back at the parish for my first full day in the office in two weeks, I was not feeling very reflective or intellectual. While surfing the other day, I stumbled across Catholic Packer Fan's occasional feature, "What's on my car radio." After I read Karl and Neil's e-mails, I felt a little sheepish doing my own WOMCR feature. Brittany and I had a orthodontist consultation and a trip to the grocery store, but my daughter prefers not to listen to the radio while in the car. Not NPR. Not even sports. "C'mon, Brit, let's rock out, girl!" "The only rocking I want to do is ... " and she proceeds to dive into the "Shrek" rendition of "I'm a Believer." Earlier in the day, when Brit was not in the car, I heard something I haven't heard in a long time, "Dream Police" by Cheap Trick. Always liked that song. While reading e-mails tonight, I tuned into the ABC online (Australia) morning classical show. (I just think it's a hoot I can listen to morning drive pretty much 24 hours a day -- don't ask me why I do it.) The announcer played the "Jupiter" movement from Holst's The Planets, the one with that glorious arrangement of the glorious Welsh hymn tune, Thaxted. I don't think the Dream Police are inside of my head tonight. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next