<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

What's cooking Turkey leftovers, what else? Soup with carrots, garlic, and alphabet pasta added to yesterday's meat and potatoes. What's playing Terry Riley's Requiem for Adam by the Kronos Quartet came in the mail the other day. Looking forward to some good listening later today. What's viewing Anita scratched off one present on her list by getting the latest Harry Potter on dvd. Watched up to Nott sharpening the execution blade, then went to bed. All of us went to see The Polar Express Wednesday while the power was still out in our neighborhood. I missed about 15 minutes with two catnaps, but I did enjoy what I saw. I didn't fathom the point of Tom Hanks playing five roles, until Anita mentioned all those roles were essentially Santa Claus. Okay. I think I get it. What's reading I'm slowly getting through Perdido Street Station which seems as pessimistic as its sequel, The Scar. The quality of the writing and the imagination is undeniable. Very reminiscent of Mervyn Peake, for whom the author China Mieville admits a deep admiration. As for the rest of the day, laundry, food shopping (no, I'm not going within a mile of a mall today), and more loafing around the house. Enjoy the holiday weekend, and always be thankful.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next