<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Parent-Teacher Conferences, time off, and the moons I love these. Our daughter is never quite sure what to expect, but she's had four years of outstanding teachers, especially this year's. I've been working with this teacher on First Communion & First Reconciliation the past two years, so I knew Brittany was getting a fine teacher: no nonsense, lots of positive reinforcement, no homework (except what's not finished during class time), and extremely competent on learning methods and organization. People who go back to school will never be called a slacker in my judgment. Strange to have a day off today instead of Friday. Tomorrow is server training at 8AM after I drop off my wife at school. Diocesan meetings, two, tomorrow, but they provide lunch and stimulating conversation as well. So that will be fine. Missed the lunar eclipse last night. Not that I wasn't standing out in light mist and drizzle for two hours at the parish Trunk or Treat. I didn't dress up. My wife stayed home. Brittany wandered off before dinner. My Jack-0-Lantern (drawn by Brit, carved by me, emptied by Brit) looked great, but my scheme to have molten lava pouring out of its mouth was a washout. Literally. Next year, I gotta get my act together on this. Between some cool chemicals and some joke shop stuff, I could really put on a show. Then they might not miss that I very nearly ran out of candy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next