<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 30, 2004

Absent from conventional viewing When I was a kid I watched network coverage of the major party conventions with great interest. My parents were both active voters and instilled in me the importance of good citizenship, especially taking my voting rights seriously. As with that other convention this summer, I have a carefully planned list of activities to honor my citizenship -- which includes not watching tightly-scripted stage work on television. Mowed the lawn and went to yoga tonight. Then ate dinner with my wife while watching Law and Order. Then we discussed plate tectonics and magnetic pole reversal (today's topics from her Geology class). Tomorrow, I plan to play some board games with my daughter, then buy a cartful of groceries. Wednesday, it will be on to playing cards after a nice meal with my family. Thursday, of course, is choir practice. Then I have Friday off: a good day to go to the library, check out a music store over the state line, have a nice lunch out with my wife. There's no way I'll miss voting on November 2nd, but no point in watching the politicians this week.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next