<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

"It's my day off and I'll blog if I want to ..." Small stack of things. First, go to the Cassini web site and see the rings of Saturn. Nature is far more wonderful than we can imagine, and these things aren't even living. Due to the emphasis of my undergraduate education, I prefer the geology of moons and planets over the physics of rings, but the rings are pretty amazing all the same. A good friend and musical collaborator in town this weekend. Her first cd is pressed, so I get a chance to hear the final result of all those studio sessions I played a few years aback. She says she has a large backlog of new songs for the next recording. I'll enjoy the listening. The 2004-05 parish budget provided me with a music software upgrade. I've been using Concertware since 1995, so I'm excited about the package I'll be getting next week at the office. One of the many quirks that has popped up in Cware over the years: when they upgraded our fonts at the parish for the new bulletin format last year, it was all added to the music software. Sadly, the pull-down menu is now too large for display on any page, so since last year, I've only been able to use fonts A-H for lyrics. No more Times New Roman. Computers have really spoiled me: I'm now looking forward to e-mailing music to choir members and instrumentalists. Sibelius also has a web publishing function, so I'll be getting a music page I'll link to Catholic Sensibility. The rains came this morning, so the grass, dandelions, strawberries, plantain, woodsorrel, and all can rest easy and grow a bit more today.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next