<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004

So why are you blogging if you still have to pack?! Just habit, I guess. Got the prey (my wife's three rabbits, two guinea pigs and one hamster) off to their vacation in Leawood KS tonight. The predators (three cats and one dog) await their sitter tomorrow. Grass mowed, gas tank filled, ATM depleted, fridge emptied of leftovers and perishables, phone numbers to the parish secretary, trip itinerary printed out, hole-punched, and in the binder. In an hour, I hope my wife will be in bed, so I can be in bed on my way to sleep for an early rising tomorrow. First stop: Springfield zoo. This week's national lay ministry workshop is now behind me, and a feeling of relief settling in. I enjoyed working with Susie, an outstanding parish musician from a nearby parish and her various singers. Our local committee was also great to work with. Attendees and bigwigs alike seemed pleased with the conference liturgies. It's always a pain to attempt good worship in hotel ballrooms: carpet, carting stuff from the parish, more carpet, dorky seating arrangements, still more carpet ... you get the idea. A panel of six theologians did a great tag team on Saturday. I'll be blogging on some of their insights lensed through my own reflections. For now, I'll just say that when I get back from vacation, look for posts on priesthood, seminaries, lay ministry, and probably the usual suspects: liturgy and spirituality.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next