<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

A Wrinkle in Time Read it when I was in high school, but didn't appreciate it until the 80's when I reread it and discovered the other books in the set. I've known the film version had been wrapped for a year or two, but I could find nothing on the net about it. Then suddenly I see a promo for it last week on tv, which I could easily have missed, since I rarely tune into the networks and my wife favors HGTV. I really liked the film version, which I thought was a respectful update of the book. Good work with the adaptation of the book for fiddling a bit with pacing and dramatic tension. I didn't mind the tinkering, and in a few instances, I thouhgt it an improvement, at least for a film version. The casting was good, and I thought the young actor playing Meg did a very creditable job. Special effects were just right. I objected somewhat to the Happy Medium and Calvin O'Keefe needed red hair, but hey, this is television, not Cannes. Anybody else catch this film? What did you think?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next