<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Changes ... are coming my way. I've known for two years my pastor is retiring. We've all known for months who our new pastor will be. I've met him at our parish reconciliations, and since his present church is getting a facelift, he has been a frequent guest when we've been able to host his parish's funerals. This week the current staff are individually meeting with him, our outgoing pastor and our parish manager. I was the guinea pig in the lead-off position yesterday. I've been through a few pastor changes, so I'm not finding it as uncertain as I used to. Change is good for us all. And given our good conversation yesterday, I'm looking forward to being more active in funerals and weddings. Our new pastor said he believes engaged couples need to work on liturgy planning from the outset. I've always liked working with couples, I must admit. Music tussles have gotten progressively scarce in the past twenty years, and instead of a headache, I look upon young couples as fertile ground for re-engaging in parish life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next