<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Back from retreat My wife was worried four days wasn't going to be enough. Though it was my shortest retreat in nine years, it came just at the right time, and it was just the right length. Everybody on the premises was also on retreat (meaning the monks, of course), so the overall atmosphere was a good one. Interestingly, the monks retreat master, Michael Downey, authored a book I was reading just last week which I had forgotten to bring with me. My own director was quite good. He has a slightly off-beat approach compared to previous directors, is slightly irreverent about spiritual direction trends, and shares my dislike for conformity. So it was a good fit. Blogging may be scarce for a few days, as I have a crashed hard drive at home to deal with. The main priority is to retrieve some files I'd rather not lose if I can avoid it, and to assess if it might be easier just to get a new unit. I can say I'm not going to neglect debugging on future pc's. The real test of retreat-won patience and serenity seems to lie ahead. Cheers to all this weekend.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next