<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

I recommend a philosophical Trojan Horse ... if you'll pardon my reference to war, Brad Pitt, and two items of the Counterculture. I hear very little of the Feminists For Life these days. But there's a group worth inviting over for some pro-life strategizing. Likewise, I would suggest casting dismay and confusion into the pro-choice camp by developing pro-life positions from a liberal standpoint. Like Nat Hentoff. My point is that political conservatives are useless for communicating novel nuances of the pro-life position. Too much baggage (as is perceived) from protecting life from conception to natural birth. Instead, we should dredge up a pacifist to equate abortion with the W-war. Pacifism strengthened my commitment against abortion on the early 80's when I was wavering. Why not play up the angles that abortion is an industry that thrives on opportunism, makes tons of money (like Mel Gibson), and exploits minority groups. Or would that be too divisive?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next