<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Peace, all. I've been recovering from back-to-back strains of viral flu this week, hence no new ideas to pop up here on CS. My wife Anita said if I had what she had on Sunday, it would be over in 24 hours, but I would suffer a lot while I had it. In between naps, I've been catching up on some reading (mostly science non-fiction) and listening (mostly classical). For the first few days this week, it was a bit of a relief to be home from work, but yesterday and today, I've been very antsy ... or at least as antsy as one can be when one's sinuses are threatening to break one's cheekbones. Anita picked up a few travel videos from the library on Australia. Since I was ten, I've wanted to go to Australia. Every so often, I go to expedia and price a three-person trip for six to twelve weeks. Then I smirk, shake my head, and meditate on the simpler life of a parish liturgist: vacations in backyards, and dropping on on family or friends. Enjoy the last days before Lent. And try to avoid the flu, if possible. And if you get to Australia, please give everyone my regards and regrets.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next