<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Music of the Day Peace, all. Thinking about Psalm 25 all day today. My wife would insist I mention Bob Hurd's setting. So I did. I could mention a little more of my admiration for Bob Hurd. He had two recordings in 1973 and 74 with FEL: good guitar sounds and nice songs. I thought his recording Roll down the Ages, though too heavy on Mass parts was a real gem. I notice he often collaborates with other musicians, something you don't see much of anymore. And his forays into gospel music and other styles are quite successful, I think. So I don't mind listing one of my dear wife's favorites today. She's upstairs now working on her homework. Because of the weather, she might not get to class tomorrow. Personally, I'm hoping for a nice blanket of snow overnight, sensible delays for the schools, and time for a nice warm breakfast (maybe some kicked-up pancakes and omelets) with my family tomorrow. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ..."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next