<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Music of the Day Peace, all. "On Jordan's Bank" isn't really one of my favorite hymns, though I use it every year. I really like Michael Connolly's arrangement of it. The 7/8 time signature appeals to my Dave Brubeck sensibility, halving the fourth syllable of every measure. The measures that get to four syllables, that is. If I had time to figure out audioblog, I would sing a stanza for you, but unless you want to order the piece from GIA (probably too late for that now) just take my word for it. One more hymn tomorrow, then I want to take some time with my favorite settings of Advent psalms: 25, 80, 85, and maybe 126 and the Isaiah 12 canticle which appears next Sunday.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Alliance for Moderate, Liberal and Progressive Blogs

Join | List | Previous | Next